Monday 18 July 2011

Turning the corner

This is Saturday's Blog - sorry, no signal since then.

Early morning rain had relented by 10.00, but today's ride was relatively short, so it didn't matter leaving late. The circuit of West Penwith took in St Ives, Sennen Cove, Land's End, Lamorna Cove, Mousehole and Newlyn. I'd forgotten how hilly the road was between St Ives and St Just; fortunately, I had left the panniers behind where I was staying, but the hills still hurt!

Arriving at Land's End I calculated that it had taken me some eight weeks to get there from John O'Groats. Most of the 'end-to-enders' do it in less than a fortnight! But of course I've been on a few detours.

After lunch the sun appeared, bringing out the best in the south coast harbours. I got back to Penzance before 17.00 and managed to get an internet signal to upload two days' worth of photos to Facebook, as well as yesterday's blog, by walking to the top of the hill. This one will have to wait until Sunday, when I can find somewhere to send it.

This evening Bundy and I took Vanessa and her sister Jane out for an excellent Indian meaL i Penzance. Tomorrow I should be 'sailing' eastwards with the wind behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment