Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Still stuck...

Tuesday morning - still at Durness

Avid weather watchers will be aware that there's a bit of a storm up here in Scotland, though I understand that the Central Belt has had it even worse. The forecast today is dire, with winds gusting to over 50 mph. My French pal has set off south already, but I think he's mad, and told him so. I plan to wait at least until lunchtime and see if it eases a little.

My tent survived the night, but others weren't so fortunate. Alexandre's leaked, but two others had near-disasters, with broken poles and scattered belongings. One apparently lost some stuff over the edge and have had to go home.

Don't worry about me; I'll be fine. I'm not going to do anything stupid, and if it means losing another day, then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment