Friday 13 May 2011

Go cycling and lose weight!

(This is Thursday's blog. The Blogger website was down for maintenance yesterday. It could be viewed, but not edited.)

Today was one of contrasts. After a luxurious breakfast, which included strawberries and porridge, It started when John and Claudia dropped me back on the coast at Guardbridge, saving about five miles of unpleaasant road. The route then took me through the beautiful Tentsmuir Forest. heading north along well-made tracks. Upon reaching Tayport, I turned west into the wind, which had developed into a force 7. From there to Perth, some 30 miles, took me the best part of five hours. There were some nasty hills too.

Climbing to nearly 500 feet out of Perth there were some great views of the Tay Valley. From then on it was plain sailing, with mostly level ground and the wind at my back. I decided to stop a few miles early, at Carnoustie, where I knew there was a camp site. Fee - £7.00; donation to the funds - £5.00. Thank you Woodlands Park Caravan and Camp Site!

When I started training in early March, I was close on 14 stone. By the time I left on 30 April, I was down to 13 and a half stone. I weighed myself in Hull (Day 5) and I was just over 13. Last night, on Claudia's scales, I was 12 and a half stone. Maybe those scales are wrongly calibrated, but I certainly feel lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment